Sunday, January 4, 2009

Beth's Cafe

If you're a newcomer to Seattle and you've never been to Beth's, your friends may hate you. That's okay though because now I'm your bff and I've got your back.

Remember that feeling you have every time you find yourself choking down a meal at Denny's? No, I'm not talking about the nausea, nor am I talking about the burning smell of old people in your nostrils. NO! I'm talking about settling! That sneaking feeling you have that you're missing out on something amazing. That something amazing is Beth's; an incongruous little joint on Aurora that you've probably driven past hundreds of times without really seeing it. Walking in, you'll immediately notice the crayon drawings that plaster every inch of wall space. Just roll with it. Order yourself a bottomless cup of coffee and anything from the menu: the food is absolutely bomb. Also, Beth's is open 24/7 and odds are good that if you go in at any sane hour, it will be almost empty. For an adventure in unique characters and creative seating arrangements, try going at 2 AM- the bar right next door keeps things interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I can now throw in my two cents. I hadn't actually visited this place before Mike put up this post. Luckily, my friends hadn't started hating me yet, and now the situation has been remedied. The food is fantastic 24-hour breakfast place style fare, and the drawings on the wall could keep a person entertained for hours. My one complaint, call me a snob, is that for a breakfast place to really stand out for me, it has to use real butter...

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete